MBS is known for researching, testing, and setting Information Technology (IT) best practice strategies for Christian churches and ministries. Now we offer private cloud services tailored to Christian churches and ministries.
MBS has a rack in what is arguably the most advanced datacenter on the planet: Switch Communications’ SuperNAP. Known as The Switch SuperNAP, here are some quick details:
- It is located in southern Nevada (a region that is considered to be the least susceptible to natural disasters in the U.S.), about twelve miles south of Las Vegas.
- It has four separate power sources, 28 Internet providers whose large trunks run through it (thus SuperNAP, or Super Network Access Point), and six ways to manage the internal environment.
- It hosts sixteen federal agencies.
- Because of who it hosts, if it gets to running on the last power source (power generation), it has the authority to commandeer fuel depots if necessary to stay up.
- Click here for a YouTube tour of the Switch SuperNAP!
MBS is excited to be in The Switch SuperNAP, and we are amazed at the fingerprints of God in pointing us there and working out the details. We have fully redundant systems and a lot of capacity with plenty of room for growth. If you are a Christian church or ministry, we’d be honored to host your servers.
Exchange: Connect any Exchange 2013-enabled client (like Outlook) to your hosted Exchange 2013 server; includes OWA (Outlook Web App) & ActiveSync to iOS and Android mobile devices. Includes email, calendaring, task management, and contacts, etc and comes with inbound & outbound SPAM filtering. Click here to learn more!
File Storage and Sync: Our file storage and synchronization strategy is similar to a network file server.We use a technology very similar to Dropbox, but in addition to being easy to use, our solution is private and secure. Click here to learn more!
Hosted Backups: Many want to get rid of local backup tapes and drives—and now MBS can help! For minimal cost, we can host your backups in our secure private cloud using the Veeam Cloud Data Management Platform! Our cost is low ($60/tb/month), and our support is legendary! Click here to learn more!
Patch Management: Get your Microsoft Patches from MBS' server after they're been tested. This process helps to ensure your team is able to work with fewer technology distractions. Click here to learn more!
MBS, Inc. — Making The Cloud A Practical Reality for Churches
© 2013 by Nick B. Nicholaou, all rights reserved President, Ministry Business Services, Inc. Reprinted from Christian Computing Magazine, December 2013
A few years ago we felt the Lord’s leading about providing hosted services for The Church. As we always try to do, we worked through the issues strategically, and over the last two years we have seen many turn to us! Here’s an update…
Hosted Servers/Services Currently Available
We are currently hosting File Servers, Exchange, VoIP PBX, and SQL Servers– and SPAM filtering– for more than one hundred Christian churches and ministries nationwide! That is growth at a rate much faster than we projected and which tells us we’re meeting the need well and that God is blessing.
Our concept is a little different than most. We host unique servers for each client in our private cloud environment rather than adding their data to a larger whole, or forest (tech term). That means security and privacy are very high. Also, our datacenter is one of the best– if not the best– on the planet in that it exceeds all datacenter ratings with four power sources and 28 internet trunk connections. We have not experienced any downtime in the 4+ years we have been there.
You can learn more about our services by going to www.mbsinc.com or by calling us at 714.840.5900.
As always, our services are exclusively available to Christian churches and ministries, and are priced reasonably. And our goal is simple: to free those in ministry from business distractions.
MBS’ Hosted Services Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan
A client recently asked us about this as he was preparing for his annual CPA audit. Here’s what we said– and we thought you might like to know too!
- Our rack is in The Switch, about a dozen miles south of Las Vegas:
- The only certified Tier 4 datacenter available for co-lo hosting in North America, and in a location the U.S. government determined is in the lowest probability zone in the U.S. for a natural disaster.
- Exceeding all redundancy requirements; it has:
- 4 legs of power (and because they host many critical national security data servers they have the authority to commandeer fuel depots to keep their generators supplied in an extreme crisis);
- 6 ways to manage environmental factors;
- 28 internet trunks, thus earning the designation of a Super Network Access Point.
- All equipment in our rack is protected by two firewalls in a high-availability configuration to protect our clients’ data.
- MBS server hosts are:
- Configured with full redundancy;
- Supported by their manufacturer (Dell) with a 4-hour on-site warranty;
- Kept at a low enough capacity to withstand the loss of an entire host without service interruption.
- All hosted servers have hard drives sourced on fully redundant SANs supported by their manufacturer (Dell) with a 4-hour on-site warranty.
- Hosted servers are backed up nightly, and the backups are sent to an enterprise-quality NAS using Veeam, which allows us to restore files or entire servers quickly.
- Server backups are tested periodically to ensure they are viable.
- Configuration redundancy is tested periodically to ensure the strategy is more than theoretical.
- Because of the quality of the datacenter and the hardware configuration in our rack, all data is kept on-site; no off-site backup is necessary in a Tier 4 datacenter of this quality.
What Others Are Saying About MBS
“Just wanted to drop a note and say that the new system is awesome. Every day I come in and am blown away by everything we can do now. Very much appreciate all the work you guys put in last week! Thanks for enabling us to work more efficiently!” –Brooks Cannon, Financial Administrator, Church of the Harvest in Lexington, SC
“We could not be happier with the services provided by you all.” –Walter Corbitt, Network Administrator, First United Methodist Church in Montgomery, AL