VoIP, or Voice Over Internet Protocol, is a replacement internal phone system that reduces costs dramatically! MBS switched to a VoIP system a few years ago and have been please with the results (see my article on our experience converting to VoIP). MBS now engineers VoIP systems for Christian churches and ministries. The phone system can be located in your server room or hosted in our datacenter. One of the benefits of having your VoIP hosted in our datacenter is that our datacenter never goes down! Not even in bad weather!
MBS configures VoIP PBX servers that deliver high reliability and quality at low cost. We do this, in part, by engineering the PBX to save voicemails as ‘.wav’ files and email them to their intended recipient. The original voicemails are then deleted.
This saves money two ways:
- It lowers the hosting hardware configuration requirements (storage capacity, backup size, etc), and
- Since most users never clean up their old voicemails, it saves the funds that would be required to regularly log into all users voicemail boxes and clean up all of the old voicemails for them.
The VoIP PBX we use supports a lot of features! Including
- Blacklist Incoming Callers
- Call forwarding
- Find-Me / Follow-Me
- Call Waiting
- Call Groups & Other Ringing Extension Pick-Up
- Paging & Intercom
- Personal Greetings & Temporary Greetings (for out-of-office, etc)
- Phonebook Directory
- Configurable Time-Condition Call Flow that can be Manually Overridden
- And more!
Using an MBS VoIP telephone system will save your ministry money! And you’ll like the features is brings.
Want to know more about MBS VoIP telephone systems? Email us!