Nick's newest book is--
Church IT: Using Information Technology for the Mission of The Church,
published by Christianity Today’s Church Law & Tax group!
With solid information technology planning, your church ultimately thrives. In this updated and expanded edition of Church IT, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand the mission of technology within your church and how it best serves your needs
- Find the best solutions when choosing hardware and software
- Retain, train, and manage staff and volunteers
- Set up secure networks, use the cloud, and back up and recover data for your church
Get the wisdom you need. And be empowered to address the technological questions and needs specific to your situation.
Serving Christian Churches & Ministries-- Locally & in The Cloud!
We launched our private cloud hosting services for Christian churches and ministries more than a dozen years ago. Our hosting services are designed to help Christian churches and ministries afford solid, reliable, secure solutions without the traditional server capital outlay! We are hosting servers– with charity discounts– in our new private cloud datacenter; click here to learn more!
MBS is in a sustainable datacenter
Customer Satisfaction Pledge
Many vendors that serve churches and ministries require their clients to sign a contract. We at MBS have never done that! We believe we should do our best to earn your business every day, and if we don’t earn it you have the option of simply terminating us. We’ve been serving churches and ministries since 1986, and we understand your corporate culture.
We pledge ourselves to the following
- Information we give you will always be accurate and up-to-date.
- If we’re not certain about the answer to a question you ask, we’ll say so and offer to research the best answer.
- Keeping in mind our normal work hours, we will always do our best to respond in a timely fashion and meet expectations. And when a client anticipates they’ll need us for an after-hours project, we’ll do our best to be available.
- We constantly analyze our costs and look for ways to reduce them. Our goal is to make our services as inexpensive as possible while maintaining the quality you want/need. We are a mission.
Specific Network Engineering/Design/Implementation/Support Pledge
- Our team’s approach is different than many engineering firms in that we work with you consultatively, helping you see the center of the target and make decisions that get your ministry as appropriately close to it as possible. We don’t sell or distribute any hardware or software, and thus don’t profit by your decision to purchase anything we recommend. Our recommendations are completely objective.
- Our goal is for your network to be up 99.999% — or higher! That’s the standard AT&T set for the phone system years ago and is referred to as “five nines”; it means no more than a few minutes of unscheduled downtime each year. The closer we can help you get to that and to stay there– the center of the target (the right hardware and software, coupled with our engineering), the more of that kind of legendary up-time should be a reality for your team, and we’ve been delivering that for years!
We are fully available to work through your transition to our solutions, and we are also available to help transition to another solution provider if you choose to move. Your data is your data, and we’ll do our best to make certain it goes where you want it to. We will do so with good Christian character and grace. And we never gloat when former clients return– which they often do!
What Others Are Saying About MBS
A software executive recently said, “MBS is Gartner for Nonprofits!” What a great compliment! Then he added, “However, you also have a line of consultancy that does actual work.” Wow. That is a great description of who we are at MBS and what we strive to do well for The Church.