Nick Nicholaou founded MBS, Inc. with his wife, Grace. MBS is a team of IT strategists who evaluate, engineer, and support servers, Mac & Windows computers, and mobile devices. In MBS’ private cloud datacenter they host email, databases, VoIP phone systems, SPAM filtering, file servers, and more.
While in executive service for the auto manufacturers, he and his wife Grace sensed God's call to found MBS. Since 1986 Nick and his team have focused on serving Christian churches and ministries nationwide. His specific areas of expertise include organizational management, crisis resolution, and strategic implementation of technology.
Nick has been honored by:
- The Church Network, inducting him into their Hall of Fame.
- Christian Leadership Alliance for his role in assisting ministries nationwide.
- Christian Leadership Alliance with their Distinguished Service Award for excellence in serving ministries.
In June, 2021 Nick announced the beginning of his transition to retirement. During the transition his MBS position will be Ambassador.
He also announced the founding of a new book publishing company, GreenDot.Press, where he hopes to help Christians who want to hear God's play call for their life.
Nick has been published in print hundreds of times.
- In books
- Church IT – Using Information Technology for the Mission of The Church
- Church IT: Strategies and Solutions
- Business Management in the Local Church
- The Church Leader’s Answer Book
- Church and Nonprofit Organization Tax & Financial Guide (1999 – 2007 editions)
- Saving Money And Buying Smart
- Leadership Handbooks of Practical Theology, Volume 3
- In journals
- Quoted in ZiffDavis’ eWeek and LAN Times
- MinistryTech Magazine (formerly Christian Computing Magazine)
- CT's Christianity Today, Leadership Journal, Church Law & Tax Report, and Your Church Magazines
- The Church Network Ledger and Insight
- ECFA’s Focus
- CLA’s CMA Report and Outcomes
- The Clergy Journal
- Church Business
He has been interviewed on syndicated radio and podcasts, and is a former member of the ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability) Standards Committee.
Nick and his team have served thousands of Christian churches and ministries nationally, and he speaks often at national and regional conferences.
Want to know more about Nick?
- Four words that describe me would be… work hard, play hard
- I do my best thinking when I am… in the shower (I know… eww!)
- I always smile when… I hear my wife’s laugh
- My dream vacation would be… two weeks in Hawaii on the beach with my family
- One of my favorite books is… The Situational Leader by Paul Hersey
- You ought to see my collection of… music
- When I am cruising in my car I am… on cruise control listening to my crazy eclectic playlist
- If you ask me, there could never be enough… pizza and chocolate chip cookies
- In my spare time you will find me… relaxing in my easy chair, reading
- One of my all-time favorite movies is… Princess Bride (you use that word a lot…)
- The best things about my job is… getting to use my otherwise secular skills to serve The Church
- What I like about my work at MBS is… working with a terrific team and helping our clients build The Kingdom