Nick Nicholaou is President of MBS, Inc., a team of IT strategists who evaluate, engineer, and support servers, Mac & Windows computers, and mobile devices. In MBS’ private cloud datacenter they host email (Exchange), databases (SQL), VoIP phone systems, SPAM filtering, and file storage/ synchronization.
While in executive service for the auto manufacturing industry, he and his wife Grace sensed God’s call to found MBS. Since 1986 Nick and his team have focused on serving Christian churches and ministries. His specific areas of expertise include organizational management, crisis resolution, and strategic implementation of technology.
In 1996 MBS was honored by the Christian Leadership Alliance (CLA) for its role in assisting ministries nationwide. Then in 2002 CLA honored Nick with their Distinguished Service Award for excellence in serving ministries. Prior to that Nick was honored as NACBA‘s 1993 inductee into their Hall of Fame for his contribution to the field of church management.
Nick has been published in print hundreds of times.
- In books
- Church IT: Strategies and Solutions
- Business Management in the Local Church
- The Church Leader’s Answer Book
- Church and Nonprofit Organization Tax & Financial Guide (1999 – 2007 editions)
- Saving Money And Buying Smart
- Leadership Handbooks of Practical Theology, Volume 3
- Quoted in ZiffDavis’ eWeek and LAN Times
- In journals
- Christian Computing Magazine
- The Clergy Journal
- CTI’s Christianity Today, Leadership Journal, and Your Church
- ECFA’s Focus
- NACBA’s Ledger
- Church Business
- CLA’s CMA Report and Outcomes Magazines
He has also been interviewed on syndicated radio and podcasts, and is a former member of the ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability) Standards Committee.
Nick and his team have served thousands of Christian churches and ministries nationally, and he speaks on a regular basis in workshops and seminars from coast to coast.
Want to know more about Nick?
- Four words that describe me would be… work hard, play hard
- I do my best thinking when I am… in the shower (I know… eww!)
- I always smile when… I hear my wife’s laugh
- My dream vacation would be… two weeks in Hawaii on the beach with my family
- One of my favorite books is… The Situational Leader by Paul Hersey
- You ought to see my collection of… music
- When I am cruising in my car I am… on cruise control listening to my crazy eclectic playlist
- If you ask me, there could never be enough… pizza and chocolate chip cookies
- In my spare time you will find me… relaxing in my easy chair, reading
- One of my all-time favorite movies is… Princess Bride (you use that word a lot…)
- The best thing about my job is… getting to use my otherwise secular skills to serve The Church
- What I like about my work at MBS is… working with a terrific team and helping our clients build The Kingdom