We met Dave through CITRT. He later signed his church up to be a hosted services client (SPAM filtering). When he learned we were looking to expand our team with a part-time engineer in early 2016, he sent his resume in, and in 2017 he felt it was time to transition away from working for his church. We then offered him a full-time position and he accepted! Here are a couple of excerpts from his resume cover letter:
Over the past 10 years of serving at my church in an IT position I have benefitted from the advice of Nick Nicholaou on numerous occasions. I’ve always been amazed that a consulting business owner would be so quick to give free advice. Now as a customer of MBS I have enjoyed the excellent customer service that is known throughout the Church IT Network. In my dealings with MBS I have never felt like something was up in the air, or that I didn’t fully understand something, you guys took the time to make sure that I knew what was going on, and I have come away from every interaction feeling encouraged.
We were also impressed that in his email he said he had already spoke with his supervisor at his church and been given the ‘okay’ to contact us about the open position!
Dave has a terrific skillset and a keen heart for ministry. We are glad he joined our team!
Want to know more about Dave?
- Four words that describe me would be… scruffy headed nerf herder
- I do my best thinking when I… am up too late and should be sleeping
- I always smile when… I see my dogs being dorky with each other
- My dream vacation would be… paid for by someone else
- One of my favorite books is… Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook
- You ought to see my collection of… Dodger bobbleheads (technically my wife’s, but they’re all we have room for!)
- When I am cruising in my car I am… trying not to be angry about the traffic
- If you ask me, there could never be enough… pizza!
- In my spare time you will find me… adventuring with my wife
- One of my all-time favorite movies is… Star Wars– all of them, even the prequels!
- The best thing about my job is… serving churches and ministries with my God-given skills
- What I like about my work at MBS is… learning from the seasoned pros I work with